Man has used natural cold remedies to relieve symptoms of colds and flu since earliest times. Though there are no cures, natural cold remedies have been shown to speed healing time.
Elderberries have been used in medicine since the Stone Age. Recent research from the University of Jerusalem confirmed that taking elderberries sped healing time. A Zulu cold treatment, made from the South African geranium Pelargonium sidoide, is now a best selling cold treatment around the world, backed by clinical studies. The Jewish physician Maimonides recommended chicken soup to treat colds and flu. This usage goes back to the ancient Greeks.
When you have a cold or flu, rest and stay hydrated. And seek professional help if the symptoms become severe or do not diminish in a few days. There are numerous vitamins and herbs that comfort and relieve symptoms.
1. Gargle with salt Gargle with warm salt water to disinfect the throat. One tsp. of salt into 8 oz of warm water. Do not swallow.
2. Mustard pack reduce fever, eliminate toxins and help heal the mucus membranes in the lungs.
3. Castor oil pack placed on the chest can open the airwaves and bring circulation to the lungs. Massage Castor oil on the chest, cover with muslin or flannel, and place a warm hot water bottle over the chest.
1.Vitamin C.- Research has shown that Vitamin C found in orange juice, taken daily, can shorten the duration of the flu. A recent study showed that 1,000 mg of Vit C every six hours can effectively relieve, or even prevent, flu symptoms.
2. Zinc has been found to be especially good for treating viral sore throats. A recent study on the effectiveness of zinc showed that taking a zinc lozenge every two to three hours, shortened the duration of cold symptoms.
3. Acidophilus culture- Take acidophilus to restore the intestinal flora.
4. Vitamin A Increases immunity by increasing the white blood cells that fight disease.
5. NAC is an amino acid that has been used to raise immunity to the flu, and to treat chronic respiratory problems.
Tea and drinks
1. Ginger tea Ginger tea can help kill germs, as an antiviral and is also very good for an upset stomach. Boil two tablespoons of grated fresh ginger in two cups of water for fifteen minutes, remove from the heat and steep for ten minutes. Drink as needed.
2. Garlic tea Common household garlic is great as a preventative and as a treatment. Raw garlic has anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. Researchers in England found that garlic can speed up recovery from the flu and increase resistance.
3. Cumin and ginger tea Add a teaspoon of cumin seeds and a small amount of dry or fresh ginger to one glass of boiling water. Drink as needed.
4. Peppermint tea for fever This tea helps to break a sweat. Make a tea and go quickly to bed where you will sweat out the fever.
5. Lemonade This is wonderful to soothe sore throats, cleanse the blood, and loosen mucous. Add the juice of half a lemon and one teaspoon of maple syrup to a cup of warm water.
To increase immunity, and speed recovery, follow these health tips:
1. Avoid dairy products and fried foods,
2. Avoid sugar, soft drinks, artificial sweeteners, and food additives.
3. Drink plenty of fluids, at least one quart of liquid a day.
4. Stay warm.
Rest, drink, and follow the advice of the Greeks and the Zulus. These natural cold remedies will speed you back to health.
Without fail, healthy diet and drugs are playing on the minds of folk all around the World. Nowadays, web is the fastest technique to order some remedies for various appliances. The most common sexual problems in men are erectile dysfunction and ejaculation disorders. Learn more about “cheapest pharmacy for cialis“. Did you ever heard about “cialis 20mg“? Matters, like “cialis 20 mg“, are connected many types of medical problems. What can cause erectile malfunction? The reasons may be divers. Like all medicaments, Viagra have varied undesirable effects. Not to mention, if you have any other questions about Viagra ask your physician.